James Dwan will be discussing the impact of Business Agility on the world of Continuous Improvement and the opportunity it presents; dual operating system-thinking to explore as well as exploit.
Techniques like Lean Manufacturing and Extended Lean Enterprise have traditionally been all too often focussed purely on driving down costs. The last 12 months have taught us much more is both possible and necessary. As organisations have seen their long-established channels disappear overnight, Business Agility has enabled them to rise to the challenge; whether restaurants and pubs delivering to your door or ballet classes delivering through Zoom!
James will explore how we can build on these accomplishments to weaponise our operational transformation efforts, with a stronger emphasis on outcomes over outputs:
– Big Dream: Purpose-driven organisation
– Business Model Canvas (current, ideal, future)
– Linkage to Strategy Map and Balanced Scorecard
– Personas and empathy maps
– Growth Mindset
– Using Lean Start-up Thinking to test assumptions and build confidence
– Applying Value Stream Mapping and the Theory of Constraints
– Kanban of Change to concentrate on the critical few
– Using Scrum and/or Kanban to accelerate execution
– OKRs, Feedback loops and leading indicators
Connect with James on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/james-dwan-5276a73/