—— The evolving role of BAs: Agile Manifesto to now, and beyond ——
The agile manifesto was written in 2001, about 20 years ago. It has been sweeping through the world as people are discovering new ways of developing software.
As we focus on ‘individuals and interactions over processes and tools’ – the focus has been to get ‘Business people and developers …[to] … work together daily throughout the project’. If we explore one of the most used agile methods – Scrum – they talk about the ‘Scrum Team’ and the ‘Development team’.
At no point is the role of a Business Analyst mentioned. In fact, we think we are a critical part of the delivery process.
This lack of naming creates some really interesting questions.
1) what IS the role of Business Analysts when agile was envisioned in 2001?
2) What SHOULD the role of Business Analysts be in today’s partially digital world?
3) What WILL the role of a Business Analyst be in the next 10 years?
Come and hear these topics explored with a global audience with a mix of panelists:
1) Briana Ertanin, IIBA
2) Kelsey van Haaster, Thoughtworks
3) Arvind Arcot, Business Analysis Practice Lead, Yarra Valley Water
4) Adrian Lim, ANZ